- Numerous documentation updates.
- Add SHA256Hash().
- Update all HTML to HTML5. Drop Shockwave Flash support.
- Update Distributed StarShip to HTML5, add MP3 variants of audio sound effects.
- Distributed StarShip manual released as HTML document.
- Add support for rendering hexadecimal blocks in binary logs.
- Add fast_ascii_to_fixedpoint(), textField2int(), fastTextField2int().
- Add convertCSVtoMetaData, dump_metadata utilities.
- OIL2 compiler --color option enables color output for diagnostic messages.
FARGOS/VISTA Version 8.2.1
- Primarily a maintenance release.
- New SHA-256 implementation.
Note: this will be the last release with support for rendering Shockwave Flash output from a DrawingMovie. Browsers have been withdrawing support and Adobe has announced their intent to finally bring an end of support in 2020.
FARGOS/VISTA Version 8.1.9 Released
- OIL2, coupled with the facilities of a FARGOS/VISTA Object Management Environment, can be used as a first-tier shell scripting language via oil2script. The new VISTAcheckCurrentVersion script is an example.
- C++ source has been brough up to C++-17 standards.
- FARGOS shared memory variable technology has been integrated. As a consequence, profiling counters are now visible in shared memory segments.
- On 64-bit hardware, 64-bit values are now held within the primary frame rather than being delegated to an external structure. The storage layout remains unchanged for 32-bit hardware.
- Support for unsigned and small-sized integers has been added. OIL2 recognizes the uint8, uint16, uint32 and uint64 type names.
- FARGOS high-performance threaded logging technology has been integrated.
- x86_64 64-bit hardware on Linux (Linux.x86_64), OpenBSD (OpenBSD.amd64), MacOS (Darwin.x86_64),
- IBM zSeries 64-bit hardware running Linux (Linux.s390x),
- 32-bit ARM hardware running Linux, such as DE10-Nano or Raspberry PI models running Raspian (Linux.armv7l),
- 64-bit ARM hardware, which can include a Raspberry PI 3 or above if booted with the appropriate operating system (Linux.aarch64),
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows (Windows.mingw64).